Monday, June 28, 2010

Mirror/Echo Pillarboxing? Whatever it's called...

*EDIT: nevermind... the sides are green for some reason.

#first download variableblur
DirectShowSource("H:\Capture7.avi")
Crop(162,0,-160,0)
Lanczos4Resize(960,720)
main=last
left=main.crop(0,0,-800,0,true).averageblur(7,3,3,3,3)
right=main.crop(800,0,0,0,true).averageblur(7,3,3,3,3)
StackHorizontal(left, main, right)



Once again my 2am Google searches yield the best results!

Thanks so much to everyone in this thread. I have to admit I like this effect more than plain-old black pillarboxing and stretch-o-vision. What's not to like? It keeps the original aspect ratio and fills the screen with something, pleasing grumpy old-timers looking for a full picture and calming those worried about burn-in.

It's not for everything (I'm still not going to do any funky resizing with video game clips), but for sports and certain TV shows, I don't have to be so easily reminded that I'm watching something way old.

No comments:

Post a Comment