Sunday, October 30, 2005

Knott's Scary Farm

[ORIGINAL POST]

[mood|okayokay]
[music|Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War]

I'm a little late with this, I know...

Friday was the day I went to Knott's Scary Farm with the usual suspects. That day I only had a light lunch at noon and some ice cream at 3:30. I wasn't sure when I would be picked up; maybe I actuallywould enter the hallowed halls of Winnie's house, and I didn't want to be rude by being the only one not eating anything if we actually did have a snack or dinner before going, so I decided I would save some room. Boy, did I soon regret that...

We met at school and left at about 5:45. It took us a long time to find the place, a long time to find parking, and a long time to meet up with the rest of the group. We were probably finally ready at 8:00. I was getting a little hungry.

I don't know who said that the place wasn't scary, but it was pretty scary. Not just for the atmosphere, but for the random people in masks who would suddenly scream at you. Mask-wearing chainsaw-wielding maniacs I can handle; this I can't. Honestly, I get startled whenever someone knocks on my door! The fact that they couldn't legally grab people didn't help me, either!

I was getting pretty hungry after two mazes so it was either go on a ride or do something else. I usually go with the majority, and in this case it meant skipping dinner and going on a ride. Now, had I known the wait would be 90 minutes and the ride would be less than a minute, I probably would have chosen dinner. The ride (Supreme Scream) was actually scary; so scary, in fact, that I'm going to have to come up with an easier way of killing myself. We had to take off our shoes and remove everything from our pockets and we got up really... really high. I thought I could handle it, but it wasREALLY REALLY HIGH. And when we were falling (REALLY REALLY FAST), I was off the seat, my heart beating almost exponentially faster each half-second. It was a great view, though, second only to seeing Pearl in the blue light from the $3-a-bottle Pepsi vending machine. Man, I wish I snuck a picture when everyone else was looking at the map... I bet I could have said "I was just taking a picture of these outrageous prices", too... (hope no one's reading this part...)

At this point we all got back together and... no, we didn't eat (except for a few small pieces of Pearl's bizarrely cute Japanese chocolate candy)... we went on a log ride. At this point I was beyond hungry (my stomach didn't feel empty because it forgot that food was supposed to go there), but I probably would have fainted in half an hour so I caved and bought a $3 Sierra Mist and some more candy. That came out to an even $5 so I didn't feel too bad about the price.

The train ride was nice, if not a little cramped. It was really unbelievable how much I needed to sit down; it wasn't my feet that was killing me, it was my back! I didn't mind the occasional scare because I was luckily positioned so that I could see it coming, and if it did come my way it would only get Sammi... hehe...

The shows were pretty impressive. I saw a little bit of The Hanging which was a hilarious lampooning of some of the other theme parks. Ed Alzonzo's Howl-o-ween House Party was pretty good too, but a little lewd. The Haunted Hypnotist was ok... the crowd was great, but I've never been a huge fan of hypnotism. I think the idea of being powerless under someone else's control is a scarier than anything. It's only funny in sitcoms. Oh well... I guess I had to be there from the beginning.

I was the last to get dropped off at around 4:00 am. I found it amazing that Sam woke up at 5:00 am the day before. I woke up at about 10:00 feeling just fine.

The next time I go to an amusement park I'll be sure to actually eat something, and I'll save my camera batteries to watch dramas when I'm waiting in line instead of in the car.


Things to do:

Monday: japn 300a homework, register

Tuesday: japn 410 test, japn 315 homework

Wednesday: japn 300a speech outline

Thursday: japn 315 test

No comments:

Post a Comment