Monday, June 13, 2005

Disneyland

[ORIGINAL POST]

First off, my profuse apologies to [info]atozuka for making the drive home difficult; whatever "poor driving skills" she may have claimed she had is clearly overshadowed by my poor direction-giving.

(I'll edit this post later in the morning...)

-

EDIT: Alright, it's three days later (2005.06.17 / 16:50) and it's not the morning, but I had to do this sometime:


Yes, Disneyland was great fun. I was actually walking around campus when I saw Nadia and her friend, and they said they were meeting with Lina at McDonalds... so I tagged along. We made it to the parking lot exactly 9:00. Funny story, though... we didn't see the rest of our group at the parking lot, but we did see this gang of bikers. Nadia's friend Ami said, "Wow are those your friends!?" Ha, yeah... we have some pretty hardcore friends. ¬_¬

Driving around, we finally saw our group, and we all came at pretty much the same time. We took three cars and I was lucky enough to go with Fiore, Mai, and Kumiko. I was happily recording with Sam's camcorder until someone said "stop filming, stop filming..." and without thinking I pressed stop. Funny how I'd do anything and everything she'd tell me to do. I recorded most of the drive to Disneyland though, including Fiore getting lost... there were also some amusing conversations which I all got on tape (now a 350 mb avi file... it didn't need to be on a DVD).

We sure did a lot at Disneyland! We even went on Indiana Jones twice. Our route was mercifully planned so that when we got on It's a Small World, our feet would be taking a much needed rest. The fireworks show was also very impressive. And insanely pricey food and drinks aside, some points of interest were:

1) Jason eats fast. I thought I was a fast eater myself (I still think I am) but, consider this: I was halfway done with my burger when Jason sat down with his lunch. He was talking all the time while eating and he still finished his burger before I did! Sure, I got the cheeseburger and he got the chicken (or was it fish?) burger, and sure, he focused solely on the burger while I was eating a few fries and taking a few sips of soda in between bites, but that is still fast.

2) I couldn't help but think of The Simpsons the entire time. I was looking for "BORT" license plates, I wondered what happened if I drank the ride water or used flash photography on those animatronic robots, and I was humming "Duff beer for me, duff beer for you, I'll have a Duff, you have one too" the entire time I was on It's a Small World. Speaking of which...

3) When I was riding on It's a Small World, I noticed they wrote 「今日は」 when they had "hello" in different languages. Oddly enough, I understood "你好", but not 「今日は」 ("today?"). Then it hit me: 「今日は」 is a rarely- (ok, never-) used orthographic variant of "konnichiwa". You can even type in 「こんにちは」 and you'll get 「今日は」. (yeah, this is something only I would notice or care about...)

I went home in [info]atozuka's car with Sammi and I was either too tired or too dumb to put on my glasses so I could see the streets, but I probably pissed her off somehow. I'll spend the rest of the summer trying to make it up to her - but only if she'll let me... -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment