Monday, November 29, 2004

8-page paper due tomorrow WOO-HOO!!!

[ORIGINAL POST]

Gather sources: Check!

Have a general idea of what to do: Well, I'm halfway there...


I'm mainly writing this as a way to motivate myself, because I know I'll just be wasting away my time and I'll eventually come back here. Believe me folks, I tried to do it over the break...

Friday: "Hm... well 2 pages a day shouldn't be too bad..." Then I rediscovered MAME.

Saturday: "3 pages a day. I can do that." Then I'm told I have to go to my mom's friend's surprise birthday party. After that I wasn't really in the mood for any writing.

Sunday: "4 pages a day... still better than doing it all on Monday, at least..." Then my cousin comes over and I'm obligated to entertain him and stuff. Still, it wasn't all bad; I spent a lot of time at this sitelearning questionably useful things such as the location of states (and learning all of them again) and increasing my vocabulary...

Today (Monday): Well I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm went off (7:00)... that has to be a good thing, right?


Notable "last-minute paper" successes:

Sociology: I wrote a 5-page paper on the movie Chicken Run (a very fun movie, by the way), finishing at around 3:00 am. I got a "B". And I have to admit that I got some twisted satisfaction learning that some people didn't even do it... *grin* Still, the teacher was cool and extended the deadline, or something...

English 1C: All three of my papers were last-minute jobs, finishing well past midnight. At least here I learned that it takes me about an hour per page when I have absolutely nothing to go on. All "A"s, with special marks, even. I can't claim all the credit, though... either he was a really good teacher or I took surprisingly good notes.


I'm happy to say that I've never plagiarized. It's just not worth it, people!


Other "last-minute paper" stories are welcome.

(Winnie! You'll say something encouraging, won't you? )

No comments:

Post a Comment