Tuesday, November 21, 2017

No more 32-bit apps on iOS 11... and that's OK?

Today I bought the remaining Cave game I didn't already have from the App Store at full price. And I can play it because I'm still on iOS 10.3.3.

Am I curious about iOS 11? Sure. But my iPhone 6s is pretty old now, and eventually my phone will be too old to run the latest iOS anyway. So why not stop at the latest iOS that allows you to run both 32-bit and 64-bit apps? Heck, I can even play Aka to Blue on my 6s as well. And I can listen to it all through my headphone jack, which now all smartphones are getting rid of.

If I'm really hard-up for 32-bit apps on a tablet, I'll just get an iPad with Retina display (iPad 4) which cannot run iOS 11, so I don't have to worry about "too-high" firmware when buying used.

Will I ever buy a new phone? Sure... in another 10 years or so. Then my iPhone 6s will be used like an iPod Touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment