Friday, October 14, 2016

Panasonic AG-1980 quirk

I noticed Ranma 1/2 was on Hulu, but I got nostalgic for the way I watched it from the Blockbuster rentals: in English, and with various Viz Video trailers. I was able to snag the complete English-dubbed OAV collection for about $12 on eBay.

So I just hooked my Panasonic AG-1980 back up to my DVDO Edge for the first time in years and I'm noticing I need to let the VCR warm up for about 30 minutes (making sure to actually press the power button after plugging the power cord). No need to have a VHS playing for 30 minutes too.

I know this because after I had the VCR displaying a good picture, I had to leave so I stopped playback and powered off. When I powered on and hit Play, the bad picture returned.

For reference:


No comments:

Post a Comment