Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Subscribed to Weekly Shonen Jump today

http://shonenjump.viz.com/

I wanted to start Boruto right from the beginning, and the price and perks of the 12-month subscription didn't seem too bad. Viz claims these Weekly Shonen Jump issues are simultaneous with Japan, so I know I won't be behind... though that still doesn't explain the 14-month wait between the original Japanese manga volumes and the translated English manga volumes.

Boruto is a monthly series, so it looks like I won't really care about 1/4 of the issues -- at least until the collected manga volumes of the series I do care about (namely Bleach) catch up to chapters in my very first WSJ issue.

I got the complete Japanese Naruto manga in print form last Christmas (gift to myself), so I figure I'll get Boruto monthly digitally in English, and then collect the Japanese Boruto manga volumes in print form as they're released.

No comments:

Post a Comment