Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sync Shiat

I only recently found out that I have an RGB setup after all with my DVDO Edge, so I took a closer look into getting the proper RGB cables.

Now of course even a total idiot knows that Euro SCART and JP-21 cables aren't compatible (and such a mismatch can instantly fry your XRGB-3), but I still get the multiple names confused.

Here they are from best to worst, in the order I most commonly hear them by:


  1. Best:  csync, aka
    • composite sync
    • raw sync
    • pure sync
    • boosted sync
    • SNES sync SCART (on your retro_console_accessories cable)
  2. About as good: sync on luma, aka
    • luma sync
    • luma as sync
    • luma for sync
  3. Least best: sync on composite video, aka
    • composite video as sync
    • composite video for sync
    • composite video + sync
    • SNES SCART (on your retro_console_accessories cable)
TLDR: 

You want: csync 

When you have no choice: sync on composite

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment