Wednesday, March 11, 2015

New power supply

Last night I was taking a break from work when my computer decided to turn off, and it wouldn't turn on again. Unlike the last time that happened, it wasn't because I was lazy in dusting my computer, so I knew it had to be the power supply.

Old one: 630W
New one: 1000W (and quieter)

Bought on Amazon and shipped with same-day shipping from Kentucky to California for... $6. Not bad.

Now I know this new setup makes my computer a real gas guzzler, so I'm going to try to get most of my work done on the laptop + Dell Monitor. I think I'll turn on my desktop after dinner.

I hope it wasn't all that capturing and encoding I was doing that killed my power supply, even though I really wasn't doing anything with my capture hard drives. Pretty sure they were asleep, too. I still have about 100 episodes of Good Eats to record...

No comments:

Post a Comment