Friday, January 31, 2014

Happily outbid on eBay

Even though I spent the next few months' entertainment funds and have yet to make up the difference, I've been keeping an eye on eBay for some reason.

First there was a DVDO Edge that I made small bids on, but was then going to try to snipe with a max bid of $80. Then someone who hadn't bid before in that auction sniped it with $148. I could deal with that, especially after realizing that moving the DVDO Edge that I already have to the gaming room wasn't as big of a deal as I thought. (Note to self: write post about the DVDO Edge with the Panasonic Tau and experiments with Duck Hunt and PSP)

Then there was an auction for a VGI to DVI scaler, which this site says I need if i want to use a scanline generator (SLG3000). I made the starting bid at about $50, but I instantly regretted it because it turns out the SLG HD= YUV Edition was probably a better option for me. I saw some guy outbid me in the last few hours (I was awake at 3 a.m. because of work, and I will not go into detail). I let it slide and that guy won by $1. Thanks, guy!

So enough of this foolishness. No more getting sidetracked with NES or Atari eBay pickups. No more "bargain-hunting" on eBay for hardware purchases that would make my gaming life only marginally more convenient. It's time I settled down and seriously* started saving for the installation of the PlayChoice-10 PPU NES RGB mod (I already have the part)... which, despite the existence of the cheaper, more versatile NESRGB mod, I'd still like the original RGB mod so I could see with my own eyes its "flaws." The PlayChoice-10 is still original, official Nintendo hardware that I obtained for my own selfish purposes (the actual PlayChoice-10 arcade machine won't work without it), and this new NESRGB seems to have its own problems. And can I get the expanded Famicom audio with that mod or not? Who knows.

*I still need to get Final Fantasy III and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, which are now/will be on sale, respectively...

No comments:

Post a Comment